Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

The night I met Liam Hemsworth

Saturday night Chelsea and I went to Genesis cinema, which is right down the road from our campus.  We saw Catching Fire and it was amazing.  I haven't had popcorn since coming to London and that mixed with Liam Hemsworth on screen was icing on the cake.

A while back we had the opportunity to go see the Hunger Games: Catching Fire Premiere in London at the Odeon Theatre.  The premiere started at 5 and we were only able to get there at 2 because of classes.  Myself, Jessica, Rachel, Annie, and Chelsea all went together.  We didn't have our hopes up too high because we were getting there only a little bit before it started, however we were pleasantly surprised.  Some people had been there the night before, but we were able to make friends with the two Irish girls in front of us and get right in front!!

The premiere started with a radio announcer pumping everyone up and giving out mockingjay pens.  He had everyone in the crowd chanting, "Catching Fire!" or "Catching Fiyah!" if you're British.  Next, came a TV announcer who told us all the celebrities that would be there that night.  We were super stoked that all the main actors were going to be there.  Walking the red carpet before the celebrities came were various reporters and people working for CoverGirl, who was partnered to host the premiere.  During this time I met Tanya Burr, who is one of my favorite people on YouTube, and her friend took a picture of us together.  She was so sweet and I was in shock after I met her I didn't know what to say.  However, that didn't nearly prepare me for what would happen next.

The first actress to arrive was Willow Shields, who plays Primrose Everdeen.  She was wearing a really pretty yellow dress with skyhigh heels. Then arrived... Jennifer Lawrence, Conor Maynard, Stanley Tucci, Elizabeth Banks, Josh Hutcherson, Union J, Ellie Goulding and... Liam Hemsworth.  Jennifer Lawrence would not take any photos with people.  She only signed autographs, which the two Irish girls next to us got.  When Conor Maynard came around Chelsea asked him, "Who are you? Are you in a band?"  He told her he was a solo artist and to check him out on YouTube.  He was so down to earth and nice.  Then, there were celebrities that walked right past, like Ellie Goulding.  People were waving at her, but she made a beeline right for the theatre.  Chelsea and I also met some of the members from Union J.  They were on XFactor a couple of seasons back.  We got a selfie with Jaymi Hensley. He was so patient and waited for me to get the camera positioned so that all 3 of us could get in the photo.

The highlight of the night occurred when Liam Hemsworth walked by us.  Chelsea and I both got a picture with him!  It was beyond amazing and he's even better looking in person :)

To keep a memento from the night I may have taken a movie poster with me that is now residing in my room.  It was a little tricky getting it back on the tube and I did get a few weird stares, but I'm going to try to bring it home with me so that we can have it framed. 

I'll leave the pictures to explain the magnificence of the night.

xx,  Francesca

Liam Hemworth and I


Chelsea and I with Jaymi from Union J
If you haven't heard of them check out their song
"Beautiful Life"

Conor Maynard.  If you haven't heard of him check out his
amazing cover of "wrecking ball"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es30FScjEbk


Me with Tanya Burr


The poster goes to a pub


The poster takes a ride on the tube

Stanley Tucci

Chelsea and I before the premiere began

JLaw

Elizabeth Banks

The Mockinjay

Our view from behind the barricade







No comments:

Post a Comment