Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

To the land of pizza and pasta

The second to last weekend in November Chelsea and I set off for Rome.  Rome was one of those places that was on my bucket list to see and I was elated that I had the chance to go.  We made sure to buy tickets for the Vatican in advance because we had heard of the horribly long lines from friends who had visited.  We also researched various hostels and found this really cute little budget hotel/hostel run by an American couple.  It was called The Beehive and was a short walk away from Termini Station, meaning we had quick and easy access to all the historical sites.

Unfortunately for us it down-poured the entire time we were there.  And rain in Rome is prime time for the Roma people to come out and try to sell you umbrellas.  Even if you have an umbrella in your hand they will come up to you and try to sell you another one.  The one time it stopped raining while we were there was when we were by the Trevi Fountain.  We were able to get a nice picture there and the Trevi Fountain, is in my opinion the prettiest fountain I have ever seen.

I'll leave some pictures to explain the rest for you, but I can assure you I had my fill of gelato, pizza, and pasta!









Vatican












Colosseum









Roman Forum



The scenery from the top of Spanish Steps






Piazza de Novano

Yummy Pasta

In front of the Trevi Fountain

Ceiling of the Pantheon



 xx, Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment