I had no idea what to expect from Brussels and the three of us had no idea what to do once we got there. We arrived at the station and had to buy a map because we had no idea where to go. Luckily in the famous Grand Place we came across my best friends, New Europe and decided to take a 3 hour walking tour with them. It was an easy way for us to get our bearings and learn things we wouldn't have otherwise. My favorite part of the tour was the peeing statues that appear everywhere. The most famous peeing boy was dressed up in an elaborate costume. My least favorite part of the tour was the weather. Brussels was extremely cold and despite having socks on and my UGG moccasins I was freezing. Rebecca and I had to zip into Foot Locker and buy another pair of socks because our feet felt like they were going to fall off.
After the tour we got quick bite to eat and headed inside the cathedral, that surprisingly looks a lot like Notre Dame. Then, we had to stop into a chocolate shop. I bought these amazing Cappuccino chocolates. They've been helping keep me awake during finals week. We also stopped and shared a Belgian waffle. We were all too stuffed after sampling too many chocolates to each have one. The waffles in Belgium are baked with sugar in the batter, so that it carmelizes once baked. It was super delicious.
We ended our day by heading back to London on the Eurostar. It was a great little day trip from London and I'm happy I had the opportunity to go!
| Grand Place |
| The peeing boy |
| Literally everywhere |
xx, Francesca



No comments:
Post a Comment