Hello everyone!
I've been in London almost a month now. I love it so much here and really don't want to leave in 2 months. The past few weeks have been filled with some great things. I went to Barcelona two weekends ago with two of my best friends, joined club swimming, and visited Bath & Stonehenge last weekend. I will write posts about all of those things and am currently working on a Barcelona and flat tour video, so bare with me.
In the next few weeks I will be doing quite a bit of traveling. This coming weekend the October 11-13 I will be in Dublin visiting some family and one of my best friends who is studying abroad at Trinity. The following weekend, the 18-20, I will be at the Lake District on an IFSA-Butler planned trip. I found out what activities I will be doing yesterday. Saturday morning I will be dragon boating and then in the afternoon I will be participating in something called gorge. You basically put on a huge wetsuit, scale some rocks, and slide down waterfalls. I am beyond excited for that! And last but not least, the last weekend in October I will be traveling to Budapest, Hungary. I don't really know a whole lot about Hungary, except that 1 Hungarian Forint= .006 US dollars. Gotta love that exchange rate!
Around here at Queen Mary things have finally settled in. I am starting to really enjoy all my classes. My history class, History of Medieval Islam, is very interesting and I've surprised myself with how much I like it. I have a partner paper due this Sunday, which will be my first graded assignment here. On the food front, cooking for myself has been going... Last night I cooked chicken for the first time--marinated it and everything! Luckily there were no pink spots and it was really tasty, so I was quite proud of myself.
I will have some more fun posts to share with you all soon, but thought I should keep you updated on what to expect in these next few weeks!
Much Love,
Francesca
No comments:
Post a Comment