Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

In a crepey mood

This past Thursday Chelsea and I decided to check out the Shoreditch area of East London. We also were really in the mood for crepes, which is why we ventured there in the first place, but that's beside the point.  Shoreditch is a very trendy area of East London filled with pubs, clubs, restaurants, and shopping.

We took the 205 bus there, which picks up right in front of our campus and got off near Shoreditch High Street. The bus ride was about 20 min because we went during rush hour, but the scenery and buildings along the way were so neat.

We walked from our stop, Curtain Rd, to the cutest little creperie I think I've ever seen. The name of it was Shutterbug and it reminded us both of a Starbucks, but with mood lighting. There was a ton of people studying there and working on various projects. It's safe to say I might go back there come exam time.  We both ordered a coffee... Well I ordered a latte and Chelsea opted for a hot chocolate. 

Next up on the menu, a delicious pulled pork with BBQ sauce and mozzarella cheese crepe. I think I might have been missing North Carolina a bit. 

And last but not least a dessert crepe. Because who can resist that? I got
The chocolate Oreo and Chelsea ordered a rocky road crepe 

I've got to say the dinner crepe I had was probably the best I've ever had, but I'm going to hold off on saying the same for the dessert crepe.  I'm beyond excited to get a banana Nutella crepe in Paris, where I'll be November 15-17.

Much love,
Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment