Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My First YouTube Video

I remember when I first discovered YouTube.  It was way back in 2006 when there was only about 1,000 people uploading onto the site.  At the time, my friends and I were a little bit obsessed with playing Dance Dance Revolution, and even more obsessed with the song "Butterfly," which was our favorite song to dance to on DDR.  There was a girl who uploaded videos under the username Brookers and she had uploaded a video, in which her and two of her friends danced around to the song "Butterfly."  She was a funny girl and my 13 year old self thought this was beyond cool that this girl had made a music video to the song.

Fast-forward four years later, the year 2010.  This was the year I first subscribed to someone on YouTube.  And that person was Megan Parken, from meganheartsmakeup.  At the time, I was a sophomore in high school and Megan was making make-up and haul videos directed more towards my age group.  She was among the youngest of the beauty gurus at the time, and I loved her easy-to-do makeup tutorials, advice videos, and question tags.

Today, I am still subscribed to Megan, as well as many other YouTubers.  I have found that YouTube is sometimes much more entertaining than television.  There's tons of skits, tutorials, and hilarious viral videos. On top of that not only do you see people filming things they find interesting and that they're passionate about, but if you subscribe for long enough you almost get to "grow up"with them in a sense.  I think that's the coolest part.  It's something you won't find anywhere else.

With that in mind, I have decided to start a YouTube channel under the username devinedays.  It seems appropriate at this point in time because I am currently getting ready to study abroad in London, England for the entire Fall semester.  It is a way for me to keep my family and friends updated with my comings and goings, as well as, a way for me to reach out to other people interested in what I have to talk about.  With that said, I am going to link you below to my first ever YouTube video, in hopes that you can get some entertainment out of it, experience Europe alongside me, and follow me along on my own journey.


Much Love,
Francesca

PS: For all of you who have watched it already thank you so much for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment