Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hello World!

Hello people of the internet,
(this is my first blog post and it feels a bit weird...)

Starting, September 10, 2013 I will be headed to London, England to study abroad for 3 months at Queen Mary University.  I have started this blog in hopes that I can keep in touch with friends and family from back home and at school.  I aim to keep you updated with my comings and goings, my embarrassing moments, and people I meet along the way.

This will be the first time that I will be overseas completely by myself.  I've been to Europe many times, as my Dad is from Ireland, but I have never been without my sister and fellow travel enthusiast, Jillian (pictured below).  

Jillian (left) and I on the London Eye
I purposely picked the Queen Mary program because I will be the only one from my college going there, which I think will give me an authentic abroad experience.  However, it is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time!  I'm just hoping the people I randomly get assigned to live with like me and don't think I'm "that weird American."  I am also praying that at least one of my flatmates has a British accent, so that I can listen to it all day :)

Well, I'm off to a bonfire now (the first one of the summer for me) to catch up with friends and see some people from high school.  

Much Love,
Francesca
   

No comments:

Post a Comment